Páginas

Spanish Reflection

This project has greatly improved my comprehensibility and pronunciation in the Spanish language. Prior to this project, my amount of knowledge in Spanish was minuscule. I was very used to using extremely simple, common phrases (i.e. como estas, bien y tu?). I am now better at pronouncing various words and phrases that would usually give me trouble. Looking back at my podcasts chronologically made me realize my growth the most. As I began, the podcasts were very short and included very basic Spanish. As I progressed, I used more vocabulary, used words correctly, and spoke for much longer in the conversation. I found it very important to be able to keep the conversation going. Being able to engage another in a conversation is vital in speaking a language.
I enjoyed listening to Donel Lopez's podcasts. After listening to them, I was able to notice a major growth in pronunciation and reflex. Earlier on, there were more pauses and slight mispronunciations, in addition to some short phrases. As the podcasts progressed, there were much quicker responses in his answers, great use of vocabulary, and accurately pronounced words. In his first few conversations, there were a few occasions of the classic "Un momento por favor", or "que?". The last few were conversations that I would almost expect from a native Spanish speaker.
This project has probably taught me the most out of all the assignments and projects in my entire Spanish expereince. It' was also the most enjoyable to do, and I hope to do similar projects in the future.

0 comments:

Etiquetas