Páginas

Student Led Comments - Science/Humanities

Dear Mr. Fozi and Miss Fisk,


We have done many projects so far this year. In Humanities, the work that I'm most proud of is the EDEN project. I felt that this project allowed me to be very creative and make work I take pride in. I was able to create work that surpassed my expectations; work I thought I wasn't capable of doing. The final product (creation myth and object) turned out to be some of my favorite work. In Science, the work I am most proud of is the Water Filter project. The goal of this project was to effectively create a water filter from scratch that could remove impurities from dirty water. Out of all the projects in this class, this one allowed me to create something out of nothing. Being able to make a useful, beneficial object really impressed me. I try my best to particpate as much as I can. I make the effort to answer questions and ask questions to further understand all the content. As a writer, I feel like I've matured significantly. I was a very inexperienced writer, making constant errors and mistakes. I was easily misunderstood and my writing was fairly confusing. As I progressed, I was able to write much more effectively. Projects always take multiple steps to complete, and require revision and benchmarks to create the best work. I was able to use these revisions to my advantage to make improvements to my work. All work needs correction and the revision process always helps make my work reach its fullest potential. In almost every project, I thought I was challenged in some way. I always try to pressure myself to finish on time with quality work. My most usual challenge is disregarding perfectionism. I yearn to have almost "perfect" work, yet setting such a goal makes it difficult to complete projects. My biggest lesson so far this year is to think ahead and plan my work. I found myself working haphazardly with no plan or organization. Doing so will allow me reach my goal of consistently creating high quality work on time, if not early.
This year has been amazing.
-John Torres

0 comments:

Etiquetas