Páginas

Internship - Week 1 review

Again, I began my internship as a CCE at the hospital before the Junior year Internship period. Although it wasn't my first time serving shifts, I really became involved once Internship began. I was able to serve 5 consecutive 8-hour shifts from Monday to Friday, and even a 12 hour shift for my last time on Tower 7. I feel like I learned so much during this past week, even though I'll be transitioning to a new department today.

My favorite part thus far has been building a very close relationship with the staff that I work with. The nurses began learning my name, which is fairly rare for CCEs. They became very comfortable asking me for help, and we'd always enjoy conversations. The staff not only felt like the employees I help, but colleagues, equals, and ultimately, friends.
The main part of my work that I'd like to improve is my ability to find tasks to complete. There's often times where the floor is not too busy, patients are content, and nurses are doing computer work. I try my best to get anything that can be done, done. I want to be able to always be on task, doing something. Even if it's a trivial job, it's at least getting something done.
Overall, being at the hospital more and more makes me enjoy it further. I really look forward to the remaining Internship period, and I'd love to continue my internship even through college, if possible.

0 comments:

Etiquetas